Monday, March 01, 2004

That's the way life is.

Moby - Run On.mp3
I hate referring back to Battle Royale when I'm trying to talk deep. It makes it seem like I'm not taking my topic of interest seriously. There are some quotes in the subtitles of the movie that struck me (that movie STILL continues to amaze me, despite the fact its about 7th graders killing each other). As we're aging, we uncover more in the darker realities of this world. I hate to age, because as we grow older, we're expected to be mature and more accepting of this reality. What some people do not realise is the negative connotation added to 'reality'. Reality is what makes the world not perfect. Some people have grown up in an environment of flawlessness until they start to experience things on their own. Being used to the environment of constant happiness, the slightest disappointment in their lives carry a much heavier note for them. So in essence, it justifies why some people turn out to be real dogs. Or maybe not... There's too many roads that can be taken.

If they're treated with shit, they will turn out shit. (weak person)
OR
If they're treated with shit, they will LEARN from it and will turn out to be the opposite to shit. (strong person)
-----
AND
-----
If they're treated with care, they will turn out spoiled and taking things for granted. (weak person)
OR
If they're treated with care, they will respect that care and return the favour. (strong person)

Have you ever thought which one you are? There's always the issue of trust. Some naive people, i.e. me, tend to lay their back on people believing that they can trust them. Some people don't like being misled, or used in the last minute/ peak of a friendship/ relationship. It wasn't until an extreme situation was brought to my attention, i.e. Battle Royale - kill or be killed, when i realised there isn't anyone I can trust to THAT extent. Now I'm worried that I have no one in that position whom I can trust. There's people you can trust, but how far can you trust them? With your own lives? With their lives at stake? I really don't know these days... that movie has totally disillusioned me.

Would you kill your friend to save your own life?

Would you use a friend for your own personal benefit?

Would you destroy a friendship to satisfy a desire?

I'm not taking sides on these type of issues, because frankly, there's too many different reasons for each side.

Life is a game, so fight for survival and find out if you're worth it.
When asked why the teacher was doing this to the students, i.e. force them to kill each other, this was what he had to say. No matter what, there is always something in life that is going to get in your way, afterall, life is just a game. People don't follow the rules of games, and go about breaking them or finding other means around them in order to lengthen their lives. In essence, you can never be a pure person. No matter how flawless you may be, there will always be something that will test your personality, and sometimes, one way or the other, it is still at a loss. Yet, are you worth all that trouble? Is life really worth living? Nothing is really going your way, it's pretty bleak yet you still struggle to stay alive to see if you would be worth living this life. In other words, Is life worth you? Do you really value life that much? If all is well, then obviously. If there's constant challenges, fair enough, bring it on. It only makes an individual stronger. Yet, is there a limit to which it could be an overkill? Bruce Lee worked out until he was 100% muscle and 0% fat and he ... died. Everyone is worth life. How they make use of it, that's a different question. But how they make use of it, whether positive or negative, still makes life what it is. Life is a game. Games have rules. Rules get broken all the time. Can you continue standing as they become broken?

You know what that means?
This statement may be intimidating to some, but means a lot to me. You know what that means right? Ever think about how ambiguous your life is? Just when you think your life couldn't get any worse, it just does. Something along those lines. Uncertainty and implications are a major factor in life as it has a way of playing with people's minds. I can't go any deeper into this because I'm not too sure of it myself.

I don't want to be a loser anymore.
The plea of a dying ruthless killer. I guess everyone has their reasons. Would you be sympathetic to the devil? The fact that everyone in life has their own life story, in which a lot of people do not acknowledge. I look at the many thousands of faces at UNSW and think to myself, each and every one of them has their own life story to talk about. And each and every one of them is different. I think back to just my own group of friends back at Tech, and each and every person has their own life story to talk about: their ups and downs. I guess what each person goes through is reflected upon by their personality, and it is obvious how diverse the number of personalities there are in this world alone. Yet, personality is also based on relativity and each individual can have more than one personality according to other's perspectives. One person may be nice to one, but a complete jerk to another. So in essence, no one in this world can be labelled, you are what you make it to others. I don't want to be a loser anymore. What would you do about it?

Run for all you're worth!
This quote is the only thing that brings me back on my feet at difficult times. And this will be my main quote I use for people I run into with problems. It goes to talk about reaching your happiness limit. I guess it brings a glimmer of hope as well as well as a sense of hard work to achieve what you want. So in essence, this quote is probably the most realistic yet positive thing I've ever run across. Some ppl never run at all, and some others try to reach unrealistic goals. So for heaven's sakes, run for all you're worth! Even if you think you're not worth much, when you reach that limit, you may realise you can go even further. You never know. Keep runnin'!
Other film references to running in a positive context:
"Run, Forrest, Run!"
"Run, Charlie, Run! And don't stop till you get there!"
?

i appreciate any feedback.
Looks like back to uni work I go! See you guys later and all, and I hope you all have a great time in uni!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home