Life is but a dream
I guess for once I was starting to see things a lot clearer and even more opened-minded. It started by looking at the reflection of myself in the window of a Tangara train at 12. I was just coming back from a bar in the city with Tony Lin (only had one drink...) and realised how much I've changed dramatically in the past 2 years of my life. Things that don't kill you only make you stronger. And I think that is the case. The pain and suffering in the past has now turned into a learning experience. I didn't think I would have the courage to move on and start new, but I guess I have no choice and it looks like i'm starting to pick up from what I left off 2 years ago. I was listening to Kanon-D and Coldplay's Clocks to realise that despite all that I've been going through and how long it has been, I am still alive today to have a friendly game of pool or mahjong and have a few drinks with my friends. I seem weak in the heart, but deep down inside it's rock solid. A few cracks here and there, but that's up to time to heal it. Bits and pieces of my old self is returning as I recognise old and familar faces on campus as well as new faces on campus and abroad. It's great to meet up with friends you haven't talked to for a long time and still be able to talk to them with so much heart like they've been friends all that time. And it's even better to meet completely new people and being totally comfortable with them on the day. I still remember the days of shyness and fear. Growing up through adolesent years has been painful, but rewarding. I guess there are some people out there who would never experience what I did. Nor would they have experienced it in the first 18 years of their life. Although that's a good thing, I feel fulfilled and that the fact that I've met life's fullest expectations and disappointments. I've been to both sides of the boundaries, and justified one of the purposes of life. After all, what type of life are you seriously having if it's perfect?
What I am today is a result of how I've managed the past. It's been the result of the various influences in my life, good or bad, and I want to say, I'm proud of who I am today. Thank you to everyone. You know who you people are - anyone/ everyone who has participated in my life.
Looks like i'm starting to conclude this chapter of my life, and turn the pages for the new chapter.
Those were the days...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home