Friday, January 02, 2004

Promise of Wisdom (part wateva)

Background: Evangelion OSTs . m p 3

Lost in Translation


Unable to sleep, Bob (Murray) and Charlotte (Johansson), two Americans in Tokyo, cross paths one night in the luxury hotel bar. This chance meeting soon becomes a surprising friendship. Charlotte and Bob venture through Tokyo, having often hilarious encounters with its citizens, and ultimately discover a new belief in life's possibilities.

Source

I watched this today, and despite disputes that it wasn't great, I think it's a good movie I watched since... god knows. Not the best, but I really enjoyed it. Although the humour wasn't at its most laughable (unlike WATERBOYS, that Jap movie was the best!), I thought it was cleverly put and witty in its own way. I liked the filming style of it and especially the great performances by Bill Murray and the other woman, Johansson. This movie would not hit the hearts of everyone (if you're into action and stuff... no no no), but if you liked movies such as Adaptation and anything realistically portrayed.. man i'm lost for words. I recommend this movie with friends. To put it... I thought it was better than LOTR: Return of the King.

"Dance like no one is watching, live life like there's no tomorrow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home