Busy Blues
The problem today is that I have been so busy that it's become just as annoying as being 'bored'. The previous few days were monotonous, until I decided today to tackle unpacking full on and finish the task, which I finally completed, with barely a trace of procrastinating- thank god for that. Let's hope that this attitude will continue into tertiary education.
Okay, let's discuss the issue of procrastination. What is it? I wouldn't think anyone could admit to not knowing what it is. For sure, I've been one big procrastinator throughout high school into year 12, and I attribute my performance to it. My whole existence in school from personality to work was due to this action. The anxiety, angst, (hidden joy) hah... everything attributed to this one word. Life-building, life-changing.
'I attribute my performance to it': yeah... I achieve highly in my view primarily because procrastinating to me, or the pressure involved is a motivating force. This might not apply for everyone, but to me, leaving things to the last minute as hypocritical as it sounds, is the only way I can do things, and it's by far the only way I can do things that I deem 'good'. Like I said, not something most people do. Most people voice to do the opposite, but in fact, don't.
That is not something I would change discretionally. So I'm just going to rock on procrastinating, and tackle the future as slowly or as fast as I want it to hit me. Cheers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home