Hurrah. It's a long blog, as long as the queues outside GBs and DJs today.
It's only about 9 days and counting until the tennis season officially begins in Australia with the Hopman Cup in Perth. Now isn't that something to celebrate about? Ive still yet to organise a day out to see the Adidas International (a rip off version of the AusOpen, but good regardless) with peoples, but all in due time.
And now, tele's all boring... Nothing good to watch at all. So strolling in the streets under my place has been a fun thing to do... getting to know the area, you know? Anything to escape the fiendish weather. Hot one day, cold the next? This isn't Melbourne. Though I wish I could be there for the AusOpen, starting in about 3 weeks.
Just one more piece of administration before all this tennis, and yeah, it's uni stuff. I have already sorted through all the university propaganda, and become brainwashed into thinking that all the unis are excellent places to go study at with superb courses that are second to none. Not to worry, I'll probably end up making my mind up on the last day anyway... Who cares, it's only uni, and my lack of enthusiasm for it is showing. The gloss of UAIs has faded, and it's all become just a number. I know better. And I know I've done well.
UAI. Just a number: it has no meaning anymore, which really is true, since it's only an academic performance indicator, and really has no other value outside of getting into a course in uni. Something that will be no true demonstrator of how well one performs in life overall anyway (referring to story told by Miss M when I visited her with Andy on UAI day). Not some supreme number that flashes above you when you walk in the streets symbolising the epitome of personal achievement and success, which is something I have gotten over.
Thinking about it, I have made myself sound like a hypocritical idiot, but hey, at least I'd rather be one of those than be a loser in life (for the moment anyway)... But that's not to say I still don't envy marks higher than my own- but then again, not in the same way as before. Good on them. I did extremely well myself too, and personally I reckon I feel better about my mark than most, including JR people who got 99.95 expecting 100. It's only after the experience itself, that we will learn from it.
My plans for the next few days: look for a job- preferably at the library downstairs, chinese movie on tonight- gotta watch, out tommorow to get a library card, see if there's stuff i need to buy, continue unpacking, call some people, be on the net?, eat and sleep, and mahjong on sat night. All sounds good to me. This is what I call happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home