Just got back from the Dandy Warhols secret gig at the Annandale. Despite not being a big fan of them, they rocked pretty well. And it was PACKED! So much for a secret gig... Did I mention it was a SECRET gig? That you can only get in by winning tickets? Something money can't buy? Ok, deflate head.
It has been a long time since I won something pretty cool. People die for these tickets, and I won them by walking. The last thing I won were double tickets to a film, and before that another double pass to another film. In my life, all I can recall winning: a computer tutoring scholarship, a tickle-me-bigbird, a dvd player + matrix pack, a signed book, those random film tickets and the Dandy Warhol passes.
Turtles can Fly
Palindromes
During a quiet time in the office, I decided to check out the USYD SRC publications. I remember it being mentioned briefly in someone's livejournals (Alex's?) and i thought I'd go check it out. I have a fetish for student publications. I recently found out the UNSW Law Society had publications, and I decided to steal a few back copies. It was pretty disappointing though.
Back to the point... the latest Honi Soit, being a spoof of MX, had a few pictures on the front and back cover. And in case you didn't know, they were pictures of decapitated bodies, blown bodies, torsos hanging... It made me sick and sad at the same time... it isn't until you face the problem you realise the extent of it. Guys, what has been the general response from the USYD student body in regard to the recent publication?

4 Comments:
Qi: It was the final edition of the old team, they did it in an attempt to get sued but have no responsibility.
Jackson: I've seen the response of "No new Honi Soit out? Why did they put MX here instead?" and I had to say "Oh look, it's actually Honi Soit camouflaged as MX!" and she was all like "How clever!"
It's surprising how deep the parody ran.
If I was at all interested in getting along with new strangers, I would totally try to get onto Honi Soit. But I do not believe that I am a "team player" for this sort of thing.
Fei: my poor lil baby =( Maybe I should get some of them pills.. to sleep...
Matt: yeah... your right. It reads differently...Ill change my tone again for my next blog.
Alex: I have a lot of respect for our own publication, but when I ran into yours... shit man... wow... wish I paid more attention... but then again, from observations, the political environment is a lot stronger in UsYD than ours (however, more bloodier)
Our current president of 2005 is a greenie so yeah. We have a few members of NOLS, nothing against them really.
The tone you are experiencing... is Fei's fault.
*kicks Matt*
Post a Comment
<< Home