Thursday, October 27, 2005

What Ben wrote disheartened me a lot, but he was honest. There is a lot of apathy, but there is no-one to blame. I remember Michael Moore once stating that voter apathy doesn't exist, just that there are crap candidates. Which is what I'm pretty much utilising.

Anyway, in the comp lab. Had to blog this conversation I just overheard.

Fob 1: What is moral mean?
Fob 2: It is an emotion.

Very very creepy...

6 Comments:

At Thu Oct 27, 09:48:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We found that so hilarious that me and Alex did our own version:

Alex says:
What is moral mean?
Wille says:
it is an emotion.

goddamn fobs. one said to me a while ago, when we were both screwed for uni:

Tommy: we are both so shit..

-Wille

 
At Fri Oct 28, 12:48:00 am, Blogger benny said...

Yeah sorry, I wasn't trying to say that what you have been doing doesn't count, or is any less useful to the people. What I was saying was that to those that don't really care, no matter how much you try and reach out to them, it probably won't work.

This is reality, and I thought that we needed to balance this political view from another perspective.

I did not intend to erode the importance of your contribution or efforts. Hope you don't feel too disheartened, and continue to put in 110% in the future!

 
At Fri Oct 28, 01:24:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

Willie - LOLOLOL... Your version is so much better.

Ben - Don't apologise. I sometimes get into phases when I ask myself why I bother to care. And then they pull off a shifty and my anger is refueled.

 
At Sat Oct 29, 12:01:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

Sometimes I miss those fobs... nah just kidding.

 
At Sun Oct 30, 12:55:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

Look.. there are probably decent fobs out there, and I know there are. And people bitch about racism on campus, and they have the right to. But fobs aren't the only ones who get victimised. White, common Australians are victimised by Asians, just that they dont know it cause they dont understand it.

 
At Thu Nov 03, 10:28:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid fobs are good for the uni.
rich fobs fail and then repeat subjects. they are UNSW's greatest asset - nearly 70% of the revenue for the commerce faculty comes from full fee-paying internationals.

so kudos to fobs! they are the "cream" of the crop - rich and thick!

-carl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home