Its 4am
An hour ago, I was sleeplessly lying on my bed. It was eerily silent, and all I could think about was trying to fall into sleep and how I was going to surprise Fei and actually get her to remember our 1.5th aniversary.
Then there was a really loud and continuous rattling in the direction of the roof. I froze for a minute, in fear of the unknown. What's up there? I heard footsteps on the roof, and the sound of tiles being removed. It was frightening hearing all this, and I didn't know what to do.
I slowly got up, and grabbed wonder bat (guys, remember wonder bat???) I quietly unlocked my door and slowly crept out of my room and froze at my door, hearing what was happening.
There was noise of prying tiles open and getting in through the roof. I stood near the manhole, where I suspected the burglars would try to get in. I heard really tiny footsteps, like they were really trying to be quiet. But you can hear them quietly pressing their feet down. I was slightly relieved that I could only hear the footsteps of one person, not many people. I squatted with my bat held up, waiting for the manhole to open. It opened with a flash, and a man jumped down. I took a mighty swing with my bat and whacked him straight in the face. I couldn't let anyone take any of my grandma's stuff again. The person fell back, and before he could land on the ground, I gave another crack at his face like a Pro-tour Golf tournament. By this time, I magically have rope in my hand and I tied him up good. I called the police to arrest the man and i got rewarded the Key of Hurstville.
That last bit was a lie. The police came, inspected the area and concluded that it was most likely a fat possum. And to make matters worse, a fat possum ran across us out of nowhere. So yeah... I tried to sound cool.

3 Comments:
One day during yr 12, i was walking out of Tech. Then some stupid softball kids left poor wonderbat on the grass near the fence. I just took it.
wonder bat??
as in the really good black softball bat that we used to use?
-pang
hey pang!
YES! It's the super dooper bat we used to use back in our wee years as softball guys. And I have it in my possesion. We can take turns having it if you want... sharing the love :)
Post a Comment
<< Home