After almost two years, I have gotten around to watch Elephant.
If you don't know what its about, I advise you don't know what its about before you watch it. I was generally impressed with it, despite dilemnas on what the director's intentions were initially. It was pretty understandable how it won the best Director award at Cannes.

6 Comments:
.. influenced by the Columbine shootings. I rented it 'cause I wasn't in a very good mood.
Yeah he was a bit of a hottie :P My sister wanted to borrow some movie for her last minute hsc study, but I ended up getting 5 of my own dvds for $10 at videoezy =P
Big Trouble in Little China
Trainspotting
25th Hour
Pi
Elephant
You rented a movie about a homicidal rampage because you weren't in a good mood? o_O
When I'm in a good mood, I get a feel-good movie.
When I'm in a bad mood, I like to watch self-destructive movies.
I LOVE Elephant. It was one of my favourite films of last year. I love Gus Van Sant's work in general. You should also see Gerry if you liked Elephant.
I missed Last Days in cinemas...I blame Alex.
=O
That's something you've never told me... HAHAHAHA It was worth the detention eh?
Did you tell them that it's loosely based on one of Shakespear's plays? It would've been a great educational experience for students to see the different ways text can be interpreted... :p
Post a Comment
<< Home