Monday, October 11, 2004

Its been 3-4 years since I sat down to watch Evangelion properly. Fei and I decided to lounge around and watch the last few episodes of it and oh boy... bad idea. Both our life situations have changed dramatically since university has started, and watching Evangelion brought painful memories of corrupted youth and the quick reflection of our naivety.

I can say for sure that when I first watched it years ago, I thought it was a bit of a load of rubbish. Now the concept of acceptance in society and finding values within us to fulfill out insecure needs has pretty much sunk in in the first viewing this year. Especially after everything that has been happening in our lives. If any of you guys ever have the time, please consider watching the last few episodes of Evangelion. Despite the disappointment people had with it, I can assure you, if you leave your mind open, you can definitely get something out of it.

I havent blogged in a while. I've reached this point in my university life where my despair has broken the thermometer bulb and there's nothing left I can do but to blog. Most important question of all, is:

How is everyone right now? Any news to share? Please contact me, I want to know...

I feel like I can rave on like a loud honkie girl talking about nothing but Nicholas Tse. Recently there has been lot of internal politics around university that I got myself involved in, including the Guild elections and the CommSoc election. I really can't go into detail, but it has been an interesting experience.

Recently I purchased Pokemon Green, and right now, I'm very determined to not screw up the training this time. My proposed line up this time, excluding legendaries to follow tournament rules:
Alakazam, the Psychic Bitch
Psychic (90, may cause lower sp. def.)
Calm Mind (raise sp. att. and def.)
Recover (recover half hp)
Reflect (raise def. for 5 turns) / Double Team (raise evasiveness)

Blastoise, the SuperTurtle!
Hydro Pump (120, water damage)
Bite (60? dark damage, may cause flinch)
Ice Beam (? ice damage)
(not sure)

I just realised I don't have much of a strategy... damn...
i love me alakazam =P

I have so much to say, but nothing is coming out...

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 12, 08:40:00 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Bite is only 40 damage. While it seems cool to have a dark move on, 40 is weak for a move at level 100. Did you actually get it to evolve? I've got my tickets for Animania (both days) so don't worry about that.

And watching Evangelion before the platinum comes out! This is bad!

PS. I love the endin', and I think I'd get more out of it now. But I'm on a self imposed diet, probably won't watch it for another two years. Last time I watched Evangelion (two years back? I used to do it yearly for second impact, but I watched it about three or four times the year it came out on DVD. Such times they were) it had lost a lot of its meaning to me through overplaying.
But the way I watch anime now, is the "pilgrimage" method. It's the constant journey of looking for something new and not dwelling on the past. That's not to say I won't revisit things further down the road, but I have to keep on looking ahead - when I walk back, I will have "experienced" so much on the anime road, that it will be kind of as new, while shaped by my experiences since last time - so both a form of osmosis and time changing perspective.

Sorry to flood your comment box!

 
At Tue Oct 12, 08:47:00 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Andy, the GBA Pok�mon are not compatible with any past Pok�mon games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home