Wednesday, August 18, 2004

His Response

Those disclaimers are there for a reason.
1/ It's gonna offend. If you think you are, don't read it then.
2/ I'm not taking the subject seriously. I have a friggin' scoreboard up, i.e. it's a game.
3/ Going far means taking one's life.
4/ Legal repercussions? At least it'll prove my point.
I'm not being racist, but pointing at a group of persons. People pay out Goths. And the Labour Party. I have every right to do the same on justifiable grounds when it comes to this issue. I think I need to make it clear that I'm not even doing it to target groups of people, but targetting strong unethical personality traits which reside in most, if not, all shang people. And hey, a lot of shangs have read this and said to me: 'Yeah jackson, this is pretty true. HAHAHA'

You know what the irony is? There's nothing defamatory about what I've said (possible except the shang pride definition, but that's under a different context). I haven't used any insulting language/ words. Do you even see any derogatory words? I've basically gathered up research and decided to post some of it here. I realised the consequences of my actions, but it's nothing compared to how i would be able to make some people laugh and think about this.

We have lives out there to save. I respect how you've come forward with your objection, so I will respond in favour to it and take my positive cause elsewhere.

My second point goes to keeping this entry short. I can rave on further and further, but because i respect Ben and what he says, and accept whatever he ever says, I'll stop around here. Whether I stick up for it or not depends whether it clashes with my beliefs, but either way, my sole belief for this blog is to voice our thoughts, opinions and emotions.

Also, my other goal is to have some substance come out of this blog, no matter the content. I want to challenge people's thinkings and cause controversy. I know I'm not entirely right, but at least I'm doing something notable. I'd rather die being remembered as some weird-ass guy then as some ordinary forgettable guy.

The choice is ultimately yours.

carpe diem

7 Comments:

At Wed Aug 18, 04:22:00 pm, Blogger benny said...

I understand that the posts were used as a form of humour, and I know that Jackson did it for humourous intent, however, I do believe that like Andy has pointed out already, that the line has been crossed.

I have no objection to our right of free speech, and I am all too happy for us to use this as a discussion medium and as a general blog, but there comes a limit in the degree of tolerance to such material the greater community is expected to have. And thus, it is on this ground I base my objection to this material upon.

I hope that this does not affect the material of future blogs, because that is strictly not my intention. My aim is to draw our attention to the degree of public exposure that this blog receives and how it may be interpreted by certain groups in the community.

If we have things to say, by all means say it; but within reason.

 
At Fri Aug 20, 01:31:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

I don't find this too malicious at all. I'm pretty sure you can get much worse than this. Personally, it's very light. If you find it very malicious and all, then I question how you can cope with the everyday brutalities of reality. I've surveyed a few people over this, and they either laughed at how true it was, or they were silent because of... how true it was. Yes, it's a stereotype in a way, and yes they do exist, and it's those stereotypes that I'm targetting.
And no, I don't think any material in the future would be influenced by this because I don't think anyone else would have the guts to speak up. I don't like to be brainwashed by common society.
And yes, it looks like my rebellng days are starting to dry up.

My blessings to that canto guy going out with one of the stereotypes right now.

 
At Fri Aug 20, 08:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A cult is a religion with no political power". Discuss.

 
At Sat Aug 21, 07:17:00 pm, Blogger Alex said...

"3/ Going far means taking one's life."

It's over now, but it's crap like this that makes me not like you very much.

 
At Sun Aug 22, 01:01:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

Well, Alex, over the years, I've realised how completely different our worlds and experiences are so it's hard trying to defend myself from you because basically, you can never understand me. That's all I have and can say.

 
At Sun Aug 22, 10:31:00 am, Blogger Alex said...

Well, I'm glad that we can accept that. Although I'll say on my part I don't put it completely down to lack of understanding, and nor is it just me.
Carry on.

 
At Sun Aug 22, 09:52:00 pm, Blogger Jackson C said...

No offence, of all people, I thought you guys would be the ones who would see through everything. I guess some of you guys are just like every other brainwashed person in this screwed up world. Chiqui was ok with all this at first. He was one of the first to see my drafts. And then some people had to brainwash him and every other reader to think this is something horribly discriminating.

"Look theres alot of truths in what jackson said" -chiqui
Thank you

Jackson 4
Shangs 3

If there's a lot of truth, what is wrong with informing people about it? Here I am using up my time that could be used studying to make you guys aware of the possible types of people that exist in this world. I'm telling you that there are people out there who would fuck you over, and this is the type of responses I get?

I'm not gonna say anymore more to this. It is up to you readers to decide what you make of it. And what you make of it pretty much decides what type of person you are, whether you're a self righteous lunatic or a hypocrite.

Anything after all of this is just gonna be out of pure stubbornness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home