This is taking me back to the days of English... but I don't think I will be all too good at discussing this one since I've no idea how cults, religions or political powers work.
But just a remark- usually cults are led by fanaticists. Do they lose way of political power? I think not. I reckon they are the ones with the political power, the agenda. Look at all those doomsday cults. Anyway, just my opinion. I'm influenced too much by television and the media these days anyway to be objective on this negatively projected subject matter.
I think cult and religion in definition are already convoluted without taking politics or power into consideration.
What we consider to be cults sometimes are what others believe as their religion, eg Mormons, and what we consider to be religions when taken to extremes becomes cults, eg kabbalah which originated from an ancient interpretation of the Hebrew Scriptures now worshipped by the crazed few (Madonna, Britney Speares, Paris Hilton, need I say more?)
Also in my opionion, regardless of what you believe in, whether a cult established by a group of fanatic fundamentalists or a religion endorsed by the Constitution of the biggest nations in the world, politics, power, and the combined of both evils, political power reign in its ranks.
9 Comments:
religion - organised religions. eg christianity represented by the Church
this blog here is amusing..u guys like to debate a lot or do u juz simply have nth to do? anyway..it's a gd thing..hee~=D
This is taking me back to the days of English... but I don't think I will be all too good at discussing this one since I've no idea how cults, religions or political powers work.
But just a remark- usually cults are led by fanaticists. Do they lose way of political power? I think not. I reckon they are the ones with the political power, the agenda. Look at all those doomsday cults. Anyway, just my opinion. I'm influenced too much by television and the media these days anyway to be objective on this negatively projected subject matter.
I'll leave it to the more knowledgable.
wasn't christianity once considered a cult?
Christianity is still a cult. It has no political power. Social power, yes. But not political power.
I think cult and religion in definition are already convoluted without taking politics or power into consideration.
What we consider to be cults sometimes are what others believe as their religion, eg Mormons, and what we consider to be religions when taken to extremes becomes cults, eg kabbalah which originated from an ancient interpretation of the Hebrew Scriptures now worshipped by the crazed few (Madonna, Britney Speares, Paris Hilton, need I say more?)
Also in my opionion, regardless of what you believe in, whether a cult established by a group of fanatic fundamentalists or a religion endorsed by the Constitution of the biggest nations in the world, politics, power, and the combined of both evils, political power reign in its ranks.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
courtesy of the simpsons:
Kent Brockman on Smartline:"Which is the one true faith?" LOL
- carl
Hehe.
I like sparkly stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home