Tonight I received this message:
4/09/2004
11:37:43 PM
- (f) .:: [ W h e n y o u s a y n o t h i n g a t a l l (L) ] ::.
'aeternitas' animania OcT 23/ 24
put a (F) in front of ur name to show ur respect for the russian school students- plz forward this
There is something extremely wrong with this.
One wrong word: respect
Respect??? Children die everyday, why would you want to respect that fact? And for what cause? I mean, sure, if they died for a very good cause, like for their girlfriends or to protect their family, kudos to them. They have all my respect. But... they died... in the middle of gunfire? I mean... ok that's bad luck... sorry dude... happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Seriously, if I was held hostage and died, I wouldn't want people to 'respect' me for it. Ok, the word is SYMPATHY. And the rose isnt for the children, its the direct relations of the victims. And fuck man... how come we don't have a rose for the innocent people who die in Iraq? What about starving children in Ethiopia? Man... fuck the media.
If you want to show, what you guys call, 'respect', you don't rub it in by making sure everyone in the world on the internet knows about it and make a big mess out of it by putting up a rose in front of your nickname. So what's it going to be? AOL is going to try to resurrect one russian kid's life for every 100 people who have (f) in front of their names? Why don't you people show 'respect' by actually travelling to Russia and help them bury all the corpses, rebuild the school, join all 200 or so funerals and then spend a year comforting the mothers of the victims. Rather then sitting on your lazy ass in front of your computer.
And fuck, i'm so sick of chain emails/ messages.
In other unrelated news, I went to see Before Sunset with Fei, and seriously, if you guys have the chance, see it. It's beautiful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home