Monday, April 05, 2004

Test of Asian-ess: did I score a perfect match? Boredom amidst MPO assignment at 2:30am.

1. You were/are a good student with very high UAIs
No comment.

2. You majored in something practical like engineering, medicine or finance
No comment.

3. You have more than one college degree, especially more than one Master's
I think I'll get this over and done with first.

4. If you play a musical instrument, it must be piano
No, but yes, I did once play the piano, even for 3 months...

5. You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table
Erm, half... Our table is marble-like right, so it's covered by a piece of plastic to protect it

6. Your stove is covered with aluminum foil
No, no covers at all

7. Your kitchen has a sticky film of grease over it
I don't go round to the kitchen feeling for grease... but it looks pretty clean to me

8. You beat eggs with chopsticks
Yes I do. What else do you use?

9. You always leave outdoor shoes at the door
Yes. But then again we have beige carpet, and we want to keep it clean

10. You use the dishwasher as a dish rack
We use both lol

11. You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times
Not exactly a thermos, but yes, it does keep it hot... So same thing?

12. You boil water before drinking
Yes we do, as well as filtering it... Can't trust Sydney water

13. You eat all meals in the kitchen to keep your dining room clean
Nope... kitchen is nowhere near big enough. We have our dining room for that, and I spose we can clean it?

14. You don't use measuring cups when preparing foods
Hah, no my parents don't but I do sometimes

15. You save grocery bags and use them to hold garbage
No, we actually buy garbage bags... but we use grocery bags to hold stuff if need be... I have one in my bag now

16. You have a rice cooker
Of course! How else is rice cooked?

17. You're a wok user
Not me but my parents are...

18. You fight over who pays the dinner bill
Yes... but I'd rather not pay for it. Why fight?

19. You wash rice 2-3 times before cooking it
I do cook the rice, and yes, I wash it 3 times...

20. You make sounds when you have a bowl of soup.
Um no sounds from the last time I drank some

21. Your don't dry-clean clothes, even if they need to be dry-cleaned
Nope... expensive

22. You iron your own shirts
No ironing on anything I have unless it's really important, then my mum does it...

23. You like congee with thousand-year-old eggs
Yahuh... I had it today :D

24. You always cook yourself, even if you hate it
Nope, I eat out or if I'm ultra cheap I go for a pack of instants (asian ones of course)

25. You use credit cards, and pay monthly bills in full
I have no bills and no credit cards

26. You keep most of your money in a savings account
I haven't touched my savings account for a while... but it's backup funds for me

27. You buy Christmas cards after Christmas, when they are 50% off
I haven't given a card since primary school, and I don't send e-cards either

28. When you hand wash dishes, you only use cold water
Nope, I've never used cold water coz fat comes off better in hot?!

29. You hate to waste food
a) Even if you're totally full, if someone says they're going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you'll finish them
I do that for the reason that I techincally should eat more food...

b) You have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing
I think that's why my fridge is so full...

30. You don't own any real Tupperware-only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers and jam jars
We actually have Tupperware, as well as all those... jam jars that is...

31. You also use the jam jars as drinking glasses
We;re not that cheap... cups are used for that purpose

32. When toilet paper is on sale, you buy 100 rolls and store them
No... that's the lowest of lows

33. You have a collection of miniature shampoo/conditioner bottles and little soap bars that you take every time you stay in a hotel
Nope, you're meant to use it there and then

34. The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you "save" every time you get take out or go to McDonald's.
Nope

35. You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel (and travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes)
lol. Yes I do. Look in my bag next time. Always 2 muesli bars and water with me.

36. You spit bones and other food scraps on the table
No, they go in the plate... If no plate, then I don't know what would happen...

37. Your dad thinks he can fix everything himself
Yes, and he does all the time

38. When you go to a dance party, there is a wall of guys surrounding the dance floor trying to look cool.
I have no prior experience

39. Your house/apt. is always cold in winter, and hot in summer
It's cool all the time (my room anyway) coz I open the window wide all the time. Hate hot!

40. Your mom drives her Mercedes to Price Club, or ShoppersFood Warehouse regardless how far it is, even
We go to Hurstville on the weekends

41. You always look phone numbers up in the phone book, since calling Directory Assistance costs 50 cents
No way, I'd do that definitely, or on the net

42. You only make long distance calls after 11pm or during weekends
Why would I do that? Is it cheaper?

43. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached with the eyes staring at you
Um I eat prawns without the shell... Don't we all?

44. You never call your parents just to say hi.
I always get called by them to say 'where are you and when are you coming home?'

45. You think ONLY Japanese can make good CARS!
Definitely. Mazda.

46. You use a colored face cloth every morning
Yes.

47. You starve yourself before going to all-you-can-eat places.
Not usually, but it depends on what it is, and what incentive there is to starve...

48. You've joined a CD club at least once
Never

49. You never discuss your love life with your parents
I don't discuss it with anyone coz there is nothing to discuss... contrary to what you may be thinking now?

50. You are always ready to point out to your kids shining examples from their cousins or your friends' kids who outdo them in school or other accomplishments. Your kids know that their sacred duty is to excel in life to honor their parents.
No, but heaps of parents do that, and it gets too elitist. Bad. Mine don't. I impose it on myself I spose. But I tell you, I won't be doing that. They just need to their best, however subjective, that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home