Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Business Law and Ethics Roleplay Disaster.

I have never felt so humiliated, embarrased and stupid in my life. It was a totally dehumanising experience. It was my role play- a presentation I had to present with Hui, Haisong and Sefath. We were grilled by our tutor on specific acts, sections and paragraphs and their interpretation, we were asked to compare different structures even though we were in no position to coz we were only meant to know ours, and he demanded us to answer his really specific questions (like how many precent of the must a resolution have for it to be passed, there are 2 different types, oh, and which section is it under in the act?). If we didn'd answer it, which I fortunately did, but if we didn't, he'd turn to the class and get them to do it in spite to make fun of us. Then he'd elaborate on it, which is our job. It was OUR presentationafter all... Then he turns around and implies we had said nothing and contributed nothing constructive into the presentation?! Were we even given a chance? Most of it was just him asking us questions and us struggling to answer them! There are no words that can express how pissed off we are about it. We had lunch afterwards to calm ourselves down but to no avail. I think the whole class was shocked with the beating we copped. The next group will now be really scared. I know I would be. If I were them, I'd memorise the legislation back to front. It felt like nothing I've ever felt before coz it's never happened before. I've never had a teacher that questioned me on every single detail and expected me to know them off the top of my head. I remember Hui just lost for words when he asked her something, and she had a shot at it only to have him read out of the textbook to prove her wrong. I felt for her. Then Sefath, she just couldn't answer a question, and immediately he'd flap his wings and say he's not impressed. I dont take that shit. Especially when he was the one confused... Sefath's question was meant to be addressed to Hui, so she took the slack for her. It was chaotic. Just ask any of our members, and we only be so happy as to begin our spiel about what happened today. It will never be forgotten from my mind, and it sure teaches me a lifetime lesson of learning everything thoroughly and never underestimate a task. I just didn't think Angus would do that. It was what he did and the intent that rubbed salt into the wound. Thanks, Angus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home