Friday, November 11, 2005

I think it was 5am NBC.

They have a segment where they have a man who travels randomly around the world. And he was in Shanghai, talking to an American business man on how they market western products to chinese people. He proceeded to talk about "hot" and "cool" foods, and how chocolate and chips did not sell well, however, lemon chips (supposedly cool) and chocolate bars with less chocolate and more biscuit sell well. He also talked about shampoo, where he compared westerner's perception of the need for radiant hair, versus the chinese's need for natural hair that is in place. That's why they had ginseng and black sesame Pantene... Lastly, they had a point made about Victoria's Secret doing terribly in China. Gathering from what they were saying, I'm assuming this is a huge lingerie/ underwear brand. He suggests that Chinese people would normally spend as little as they can on items that they would use privately. And if they're showing off, they want to show off status, like owning big BMWs and Mercedes and all.


...

I was meant to be at a dinner tonight with the president, treasurer and CASOC guys from the Student Guild in a really fancy french restaurant, Little Snail. I was looking forward to it, until a few days ago, I came down with an awful cold and have been in bed ever since. However, I had a better surprise, though I ended up serving Fei dinner, fruit, cake and a movie whilst I had a coughing fit. Love you.

FACT If Jackson had not met Fei, he would still be pronouncing lingerie as linger - ee. How fckn embarassing.

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 11, 11:45:00 pm, Blogger benny said...

hope you're feeling better. which reminds me to sleep just about now. exam in 10 hours...

anyway- victoria's secret according to my sister is actually a cosmetics brand. good guess.

and yeah- they're right, in China maybe. in Hong Kong... er... i think not.

 
At Sun Nov 13, 11:41:00 am, Blogger Jackson C said...

Ben: thanks. but it actually got worse... but its ok now.

Andy: Shup about the Victoria's Secret thing. I'm ashamed now...

I was confused about the whole natural hair thing, but I think that's applicable to China, and not Hong Kong or Japan, etc.

Honey:
1/ My mum ended up eating it all. We'll go for a cake-crawl after the exams.

2/ You look adorable when you can barely open your eyes.

3/ I thought it was pretty when they were suddnly in their beds on the middle of the winter beach.

4/ You are sick. Well... I do the same as well! I buy cool things for myself that other men can't see!

5/ Whose Adriana Lima...

6/ Yeah... anyway, my mum got these orange wafers that are pretty nice...

7/ What the hell is a fake paste?

8/ ... wah?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home