Monday, May 10, 2004

Survivor Wrap.

Hmm. I didn't like the idea of either of them winning, but I think we (Andy and I) had already anticipated the ending of the story. And to be honest, the engagement was not a surprise to me. But what was, was how Shii Ann didn't do the 'roll of the eyes' talk to them at the last tribal. I spose she got a car for it, so good tactic- the Shii devil at work~

What I found most interesting though was the apparent cloudiness in the differentiation between strategy and using friendship as stepping stones to the prize. I personally believe that the game is an extension of normal life, and I too would be very pissed at having a knife stabbed in the back. But, if taken into the context of the situation, that really is the only way to win. You tell me a winner who has not lied, decieved, cheated, and backstabbed to win the money... It's not possible, so I spose the winner will always be the conniving one anyway.

In a last statement on this, I think Rob was using marriage as insurance. Say he didn't win, then by getting married will assure him the money. And of course, Amber couldn't really decline on national TV... So it's a win win situation for him. A true strategist!

2 Comments:

At Tue May 11, 12:02:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're being so cynical ben. even i didn't think of it that way.

but then if amber signs a pre-nup then no harm done. money will still be hers, but doesn't rob get 100000 for coming second anyway?

anyway, survivor is a good way to finish off a nite. now i'll go watch 24

 
At Tue May 11, 12:05:00 am, Blogger benny said...

I'm not being cynical, just stating the obvious. Anyway, I haven't watched the last 2 24's, so I'm really behind... Meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home