School day.
Hugh and I visited Miss M yesterday, and yeah, that was fun... She was glad to see us, and the class, recognised me as that person from last year... yeh, that's right, that was me. We bought her a bottle of wine as a present at Liquorland, and for the first time we were forced to show ID- which is a good thing, really. But when I come to think about it, I don't even know what I paid for... what did Hugh buy...? Some red wine I think?
Hah, we got there, and she was teaching english- more of those books to read... And they were doing algebra, which she told us to teach... which was easy, considering it was merely substitution. She got annoyed at some students for talking, and moved them, remarking that the tradition continues... Andy and Jeff... notorious for their talking... 'cut the chatter', move! 'We only have till June for the Selective test!' lol. She also got annoyed at students asking 'how much do we have to write', and asked us if we asked that in high school... of which I said to the class: 'no... we just write as much as we need to', knowing very well that it was the first and only question we'd ask after getting an essay. lol. Then in a show of Jono power, 2 girls started crying when they 'teased' each other and called each other 'monsters'. LOL!
But what timing... Miss M told us to stay and go to assembly with them. I had totally forgotten what it was like, but Hugh seemingly didn't. School song, yeah... and now, a school creed? And a Message of the Week(?) which was very deep and meaningful, too deep I reckon for them... lol. And then there were millions upon millions of awards that were given out. It tested my patience, and I commend the students for being able to even remain awake during the proceedings. The hall was exactly the same as it was, but to us, it appeared smaller for obvious reasons including the banner at the back, piano at the front... And the spy for class of the week LOL! Everyone sat up straight and looked their best when Miss M got up to announce. hahah!
And in typical Miss M style, she gave her class ice block treats (there were none for us, coz she didn't have enough, and insists we tell her next time we go there so she can get something for us to eat).
Familiar faces still there... Jackson, do you remember who Miss Ryan was? I don't... But she could remember us... weird. We talked a while and held everyone up leaving the assembly. I suffer from long term memory loss. There were a lot of new teachers; and a groundskeeper asked who we were and what we were doing... suspecting that we were the new breed of Asian terrorists.
Then since Hugh had never been to Hurstville, we went to Westfield in the searing heat, and ate... And like what happened at Miranda last time, we just sat there and talked for hours... I reckon it was 2.5 hours. Then we walked round Westfiled, then Hurstville, then to the library... he got a library card, borrowed some books... as did I. Left Hurstville at about 7pm... He said how it was 'much better than Ashfield', and how he'd come down more often now, when he could.
Oh... and he told me that he knows how to play mahjong, lol! And yeah, we bumped into Ailie, who was meant to be with us... Min-Li, who according to Hugh was 'too cool for school', and Alison, walking into K-mart. So at least he saw some people down here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home