Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hullo all,

The children keep stealing my pokemon cards. As much as I love them and all, I don't want them stealing my cards. It's just not cool. And they keep creeping into my room while I'm asleep, in front of the computer or not at home and climb up my wardrobe three times their height to reach my gameboy cupboard, filled with lots of game cartridges and 5 different gameboys. What's worse is they leave evidence behind. There's a stack of pillows one on top of each other next to the wardrobe when I get home. The gundam is in a different orientation. A few lifesavers are missing. And sometimes they can't reach back to put the gameboy back in, so they hide it under my dad's bed.

Yet they haven't touched the pirate ship. That's how BADASS it is.

The other day, Fei, Andy and I planned to go see the Sunday drum/ fireworks show at Darling Harbour. Before that Fei and I were shopping at Myer for the last day of the stocktake sale. We were looking for watches since she intends to get a new watch, and we spotted a range of Atari Fossil Watches. These watches had old-school atari game displays on them. One of them was an Alleyway one, and when we spotted it, I spent around 10 minutes being a dramaqueen over it. You gotta admit, if you see a watch that uses an alleyway gaming interface to use to denote the number of seconds, you know that's SEX. However, even after the 20% off, it was still pretty pricey so we walked away disappointed.

Afterwards, Fei and I headed up to look for clothes. She wanted new high heels to feel more like a woman and a new bag since her other ones broke. I needed new undies because my current ones have holes in them, and a new top because my other ones were permanently smelly despite how many times they've been cleaned. Clothes reach this threshold where the first time you wear it, it can be worn a few times before it's noticably smelly, and after a few washes, its smell lifetime is like.. half a day. I don't know how that works.

While somewhere in the casual section, I lost Fei for around 10 minutes. I was tempted to go to the register and tell them I was a lost child and looking for my mummy. But later on we found each other and we headed to the toy department where Fei had a severe allergy reaction. Damnit. My childishness led me back to the watch department, only to find to my disappointment that someone had purchased the Atari Alleyway fossil watch in the 1/2 hour we were away from it.

We met with Andy later and had dinner at the Dish, where we waited 45 minutes for a steak burger, a chicken schnitzel, a sandwich and a seafood risotto. We discussed of Filmsoc's future and the time we made a WW2 prisoner-of-war reenactment video for a history competition where 2/3 of the whole feature involved me speaking in a horrible japanese accent whipping Tim, who was naked in diapers. And in the whole background of the film, you could see Tim's swimming pool and his neighbours. The movie ended with lots of tomato sauce and a big smile on Tim's corpse. Those were the days.

We headed down towards the park where it was completely packed and raining like crazy. In the end Fei and I gave up and parted ways with Andy so he could join his other friends who had close to front stage seats. Fei and I headed out until we reached the Entertainment centre where we stopped for a sit. It was dark and raining and we were half drenched. She reached into her bag and told me she couldn't keep it to herself any longer and presented me with a tin box wrapped in tissue-paper.

I opened it and it was this.

We overheard huge bangs, and knowing Fei loved big bangs, we walked back to the drums and fireworks display and watched the conclusion of it under the shelter of my blazer.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 18, 04:17:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww that would've been such a magical moment.

well done fei you're a legend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home