This has been edging me for a few hours.
I was going through the local anime forums, where the USYD anime club is having a huge Saturday outing. The first post showed pictures of three key people organising the outing. The first one, the 'events organiser' dude, whom you cannot see at all, because he is in a ridiciulous cat suit, if anyone could recall from last year's Animania the big fat orange cat). The second one, the president, Amanda, a modest picture. Don't get me wrong, Amanda is cool, she volunteers a lot of time and puts in a lot of commitment into the local anime fandom thing. Don't see many people in this world who hold a passion.
Then came the third picture. That made me twitch. I forgot about the issue, then it reocurred to me as I watched some random music videos. I don't think I'm shallow, in fact, the only people I ever want to talk to are homeless people
(Note: I am SUCH A LOSER, even HOMELESS PEOPLE BAR ME. I was at the state library once taking a break outside with Fei, and while she was listening to her new Santana CD, I thought I'd strike a conversation with the homeless guy sitting next to me. I thought I'd start by offering him a cigarette. After nabbing a cig, and giving me one word replies to his question, he moved his mattress away from me and went to sleep... :( )
Back to my agitation. Look, I have no problem with people who like to take pictures of themselves. I do it all the time with Fei. I like to see how ugly I could be, and juxtapose it with Fei's cute round face. What I don't like is when people try to look pretty in pictures, to the point they use colour and light manipulation, and add some kinda sepia/ blacknwhite effect to it. I mean, when people themselves do it. Narcissiscm to the max. I mean... how do people put themselves through that?? HOW do you have the conscious to submit ultra beautiful photoes of yourself? Especially when you're not exactly a great looker in real life. I mean, besides, you are only setting other guys into disappointment. Why don't you put a picture of yourself looking like a witch? And when guys meet you in real life, they might think something of you, since they're not gonna expect much anyway. I am only being logical.
It was hard to type what I just said, it was kinda shallow of what I said. But then again, compared to the people who like to take pretty sticker photos of themselves and posting them everywhere?
***vomit***
Fei, everyone, you seen that new White Stripes album cover? Very very nice ^_^V

2 Comments:
Homeless people are also homeless because they have difficulty communicating.
While no one would choose to be there in the streets, a lot of the difficulty is that they can't get off them because they do not have the ability to talk their way out of the situation.
Don't think you're being rejected. While you might think that you inherently have something about you that makes people "reject" you, homeless people frequently have something about them that makes them inherently reject people.
Unless they're in a riches to rags comedy, of course.
Although having a strange affinity for homeless people and trying to impose your will onto them is not exactly the best argument for "I'm not shallow". (not that I'm calling you shallow).
Oh, and could you please fix up your comment mail box? I'm sick of getting "mail undelivered" messages.
Sorry.
Post a Comment
<< Home