More of the usual, circling Sydney, minus the net.
It has been a while, hasn't it? In that time... Jackson has been blogging depressing stuff and Colin has had to deal with his first uni assignment.
What have I been up to? Quite a lot I guess... Otherwise why would I be not on the net?
Let's see... last Thursday was uni enrolment. There's no use me going into it... but it was a 2 hour ordeal which involved the stingy law faculty (choosing the classes and whoever that's in them for us) and several lost people who couldnt read timetables. Other than that, it was pretty good. Well I got split up with Andy and Yin who have MonTueThur routines while I got MonTueWedThurs. Well at least I'm in the one Hui's in, otherwise I'd be nigelated... Then it was out in the city afterwards.
Then in came Friday and Saturday when Telstra stuffed up our phone line. I went out to the markets in Chinatown on Saturday and brought back home a lot of stuff... Sunday we had family friends over for reasons unknown, but the mahjong was fun. Then Australia Day I actually barbequed at friend's place in southern Sydney and embraced true Australian culture, but reverted quickly to domestic tendencies when the mahjong tables were prepared. That was fun... but I think I'm becoming very preoccupied with it, as if that was the only thing in my life now (which it is at the annoyance of my parents).
Then yesterday I went to Cabramatta with the impression that it was a sleazy and drug-ridden crime centre. I did remember to take out all my cards, coins and student ID before I left, and brought very little amonts of cash as a precautionary measure. When I got there, the true Viet nature of the place was very imposing, and at times daunting. No policemen in sight... but neither were the druggos and beggars I had anticipated... not too bad. But I don't think I'll be back there in a hurry- City, Hurstville, Parramatta and Chatswood are more my picks.
Had fun today too... more of mahjong again... Not much more to elaborate on. The new addictive stuff...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home