Saturday, January 31, 2004

I will prove the cycle wrong! (Blog Insider)

I reckon that with more practice, and more money (of course), I will be good at bowling. Today I got 135, which isn't exactly bad... but I think I can do a bit better... No more consecutive gutters anymore, or so I should hope anyway.

No way!
And now, I have grown accustomed to hating that word 'experience'. It appears in all of the jobs that are available out there. It reminds me of the vicious cycle of inexperience: not having (and not getting) experience but actually needing it... a self perpetuating cycle of endless depths. Sadly, the jobs are nowhere to be found if I do not surrender to the abyss of supermarket chains and fast food outlets.

Let me examine this further. There are jobs, yes. There are lots of them, but when we narrow this down to a suitable few, we come down to picking those that require experience (the word preferred means required) and those that don't... and in the end we find that there are none.

In terms of working for fast food outlets, we all prefer not to. Especially so now that we hear of the torments and horrors that Chiqui relives everyday to this very day. What else is there? Well there is call centre operator work, data entry work, sales work, cleaning work? But then again... all of them say that we need 'experience in sales' for how long? oh.. at least 6 months they say, or maybe 2 years? And the ridiculous thing is that even cleaners need it! What has the world come to? Do we need to be experienced iand knowledgeable in disinfectants, sponges and mops and how we apply them so that they can clean toilets effectively before think about employing us? Do we also need a degree?

Far out... I don't understand. Even standing in a shop requires experience... Aren't those attendants shit anyway? They don't offer good service, show no initiative and get the numbers wrong... (like in Grace Bros once). I wonder what they really mean in terms of experience, coz I sure don't see how retail experience has helped to make those employees better employees... They're just crap... and no amount of experience will make up for boredom, lack of motivation or dodginess.

Ah well, maybe I'm just too frustrated that I've been unable to find a job... But look at the reason: it's the inexperience cycle at work. What's not to say I'm not a capable person that is able to probably do it even better than those that are experienced? Why reject those people straight away by saying 'only suitable applicants will be notified'? That's something I just don't understand, and probably never will... And the problem is not going to get any better.

There simply is nothing that will prevent me from becoming long-term unemployed. I understand why people are on the dole for so long, and the age factor makes this worse than what it really needs to be. Why don't I just join the masses on the dole, and prove to the Howard government that their unemployment policies just aren't working. There is no shame in draining the government of their money, when really we pay taxes as high as 50% and don't expect to get anything back with cutbacks in Medicare, higher costs for HECS and now the real possibility that in the future there will be no pension for us. So out of the tens of thousands of dollars we give to the government in the future, how much do we get back in terms of intrinsic benefits? NOTHING. And so I dont see any problem in trying to get as much as possible now before we are left with nothing in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home